AI prefers to toast HQ units?

After playing many games of CMBB I wonder if the AI targets HQ units with a preference, especially in tank battles.

I had multiple games with tanks advancing in formations where the AI hat a LOS to all of the tanks in the platoon and it seems like the HQ tanks ended up as scaped metal first. This at a distance where my folks could hardly identify the enemy tanks. So does the AI know earlier then a human player about HQ units and targets them first?

Due to their importance of cause it would make sense to target them once they are identified as HQ units but this would be rather difficult at tank battles that go over a distance, in most of the cases I saw 1000 to 1500m.

So here I'm just wondering if my HQ units are simply followed by excessive bad luck and if I need to buy them a mascot or if all of this is happening on purpose smile.gif

While I'm at it, and maybe somebody from battlefront.com even reads this post:

I play CM for some time now, actually since CBBO and I really enjoy it. Its for sure my favorite games. Anyhow by playing it I found 3 things I miss...

1. Would it be possible to click on a sport on the map and find out Distances, LOS and Hull Down status from this spot without actually moving a unit in it? I would guess a field commander could do some of it from a map in real battle situation.

2. I would like to see an end marker at the end of the plotted move. I mostly play with all paths on to see how my plan looks overall. If many units move on a road it's hard to figure out which unit actually stops where.

3. This one is an idea for the next CM, and I don't know if you already had this one. An option to issue orders in the 2D world, like a map with heights and military symbols. I like to watch the resolution of the battle in 3D but sometimes I just think that a map to give orders would be easier and allow more overview.

Thanks for listening my to my ramblings smile.gif

SteppenWolf.

Yep, I'm using the 1.01 version. And I just had another game, 2 platoons of Pz IV moving forward with hunt, both in diamond formation, HQ being the trailing tank.

They encounter some T-34... a small firefight happens 5 T-34 move to the tank graveyard but also one of my HQ units... the only unit lost in this standoff.

I would just guess if I'm in a T 34 and I see 8 Pz IV point their guns at me I would shoot at the closest target, the leading tank, and not the trailing one except if I know the trailing tank has some special value (the HQ unit).

So I'm still wondering... anyhow most of my crews now got a break to paint mascots on the tank turrets smile.gif

SteppenWolf