Very odd game

Flashblade

I played a hotseat game that had the allies win on February 8th 1942, this in itself is extra-ordinary, the sequence of events is even more so.

Even the beginning was odd, on turn 2 the allies declared war on denmark and the low countries. The low countries were immiediately captured and occupied by the french.

A long drawn out war of attrition began (a la WW1), as germany attempted to invade france. The entire Royal Navy was thrown into the defence. Italy joined the war early and wiped out the UK med. fleet.

The battles in the low countries took a heavy toll on both sides but germany could not keep up with both the UK and France and in early '41 began a withdrawal.

France placed underestimated the Italian forces and just as a breakthrough against the Germans was imminent the Italians broke through.

The french army which had just crossed the rhine turned around and came back to defend france. Meanwhile the UK invaded denmark gained the plunder and began to invade germany.

Around things got really weird, the Russians seen a weak Germany attacked and struck deep into Germany. A coup in Yugoslavia brought them into the war on the allied side, but bulgaria, finland, rumania and hungary all joined with the Germans/Italians.

As Russia was rampaging across germany the Italians conquered France! Unfortunately for them their success was short lived and the Russian behemoth ran across germany. Soon they faced the italians on the very same battlefields recently vacated by the germans and the french!

The war ended in Feb. 1942 when the russians finally force their way into Rome.

Now THAT was a very different WW2 smile.gif

Hot Seat vs myself tongue.gif

I was testing to see what I could do as a VERY agressive allied player. Learned a lot, I made some mistakes as the Axis which is what did them in. Both sides started losing units early in the Low Countries, about 1 unit per 2 turns, but the river and British support turned the tide for the French smile.gif