Why I DON'T CARE the game has shipped!!!

Brian Rock

Oh, it's not that I don't want the game, QUite the contrary. It's just the maths at this point and time say "no":

SC is $25, shipping to Australia is $10. So about 30% of the cost of the game is shipping! Savings, savings!

Now add in another game still awaiting shipping, like TacOps 4 ($25 + $1 shipping) and the cost is $61, but only 18% of that is shipping...

Add in another game awaiting shipping - something obscure like CMBB - and the % devoted to shipping drops further, threatening to fall into single digits!!!

Of course this logic will only take me so far before I realise it's 2005 and I haven't ordered because I'm waiting for SC2, CM2, TacOps 5... but look at the SAVINGS

The other downside is that if I wait too long I'm going to get a CARE package with about 18 really cool games in it. Ah, life and choices. :D

(Actually I envy those of you with SC something chronic, and figure I can't hold out much longer. I figure once the Major sends the TacOps 4 gold disk in I'll probably order SC, TacOps 4 and Airborne Assault. That should keep me out of trouble till CMBB.)

Originally posted by Brian Rock:

Oh, it's not that I don't want the game, QUite the contrary. It's just the maths at this point and time say "no":

SC is $25, shipping to Australia is $10. So about 30% of the cost of the game is shipping! Savings, savings!

Now add in another game still awaiting shipping, like TacOps 4 ($25 + $1 shipping) and the cost is $61, but only 18% of that is shipping...

OK, I'll do you a deal - I will buy the game and sell it to you for $500, I will only charge you $5 for the shipping (included in the $500).

Great value, the shipping is only 1% of the total cost.

Or perhaps you could forget playing with the calculator and look at the total cost, delivered = $35 USD or aprox $64 AUD, now take $64 AUD down to the local software shop and see what you can buy (remember to take out $4.00 for bus fares/car fuel and maint).

$60 AUD will not buy much in the way of software.

Still, I am keen to sell you my copy for $500 when it arrives, what a bargain!