Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How to attack Turkey?

poots

Is ther anyway to attack turkey in a regular game(where you dont have lots of resources)?

I tried with italy but russia just reinforces it and since its mountais supply is weak. I did use Italian HQ's though. Think if Iused a manstein or someone I would do better?

A newbie here, but I think that Manstein won't make any difference unless you're using German units (Combat bonuses only apply to same country units).

There's a link in Hubert's FAQ sticky to the Macon & Fenton Strategy Guide. Page 21 is probably what you want.

Note that the guide may be a bit of a spoiler, 'cause it seems pretty comprehensive.

It is no problem to attack Turkey if you want to and have the necessary ressources and forces.

As Axis you need a task force - with HQ - from Syria or Iraq: they move north and cut of the turkish capital from russian reinforcements. Then they turn west and capture the capital, eventually your forces from the west can join after capturing Istanbul - if they are fast enough ;) . Attacks only from Istanbul without a task force from Syria is not a good idea: here russians can entrench in the Mountains around the capital and Axis will have a hard time - or most probably fail - to conquer Turkey.

As Allies: Land with russian transports east of Istanbul to cut off the turkish capital from Europe - or capture Istanbul if possible, but thats not necessary. Russian land forces enter from the Caucasus, move west and can conquer Turkey - and later Iraq/Syria if axis occupied - within a few turns.

But the turkish way needs a lot of forces that are missing at other fronts, so you can only do it if you can spare enough mpps for this operation. And as Axis never attack Turkey before Barbarossa. If you attack Turkey, Russia will join immediately.