German preparation for Barbarossa...

Minotaur

Originally posted by Liam:

Russia was overrun faster than this game allows and many historical cities are represented on the map! I find usually a good Russian can delay the siege of Kharkov Rostov/southern Ukraine Mines until some time in 1942 and if by that time you've not made headway you may not succeed at all. Also considering the Allies mobilize quite hastily for a D-Day landing the Germans are usually pushed hard in 1942 by the Allies and must put Air against the Naval supremacy of the Allies or Land strength of the US quickly to stop Iraq or Norway/Sweden from falling. That's if she achieved sub-average dominance...

Soooo true... ;)

I tried the 1941 - Barbarossa scenario... Me as Axis vs Allies AI... FoW on... No bonus for AI, Etc...

It's july 1942...

I'm quite prepared to stop the 'D-Day'... Enemy planes dropping their bombs and ships starting to bombard Brest... But I have 4 Corps, 2 armies, 1 Tank, 2 Air Fleets, Rommel HQ and 3 Italian Armies...

I invaded Vichy France for MPP and to have a port (Algier) to transport Rommel back to defend France... And for the MPPs... ;)

That's why Rommel is there...

But for the Russian front... :(

I have Kiev, Minsk and Odessa, but I'm not even close to take Kharkov, Smolensk or Sevastopol

I've 'hit and run' both mines (south of Kharkov) to drop them to '0', knowing I couldn't hold them for long... Riga is a stalemate right now... USSR try a counter-attack near Odessa swamps...

Lenningrad, Moscow and Stalingrad seems very far right now :(

Not very historic...

[ February 27, 2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Minotaur ]