Ryder Cup AAR: Comrade Trapp (Allies) vs Codename Condor (Axis) **Restarted**

Comrade Trapp

August 4, 1940

Sweden surrenders, Brest captured.

Things going to **** in the Eastern Med, it is obvious that the Italian Navy has an advantage in Gun Laying Radar. 3 Italian BBs, 1 CA, and 1 SS slam into 2 RN BBs, 1 CA, and 1 CV inflicting heavy losses on the Royal Navy.

The Allied Air Forces in Syria can offer little assistance because they are already committed to the siege of Baghdad. Another air fleet is sent to Syria to aid in the siege.

The British III corps, faced with the threat of Italian landings from behind, withdraws from Alexandria and falls back to the Suez Canal.

[ August 18, 2003, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

September 1, 1940

All air units withdrawn from Eastern Med, Suez Canal falls after the British III corps was destroyed, only 2 corps left. The British II corps digs in to defend Beirut, and the 2e REI of the French Foreign Legion prepares to defend the Iraqi oil fields. RN in the Eastern Med completely destroyed.

The British I corps in Bergen, Norway repels an attack with minimal losses.

[ August 18, 2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

September 29, 1940

In the Eastern Med, British II corps in Beirut is destroyed, but city not taken. Only one Allied corps left in the Eastern Med.

In Bergen, Norway, the British I corps is hammered and is forced to withdraw. Bergen will fall next turn.

After the sustaining heavy losses in the Med, the British lick their wounds and live to fight another day.

[ August 19, 2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

November 24, 1940

The Luftwaffe launches a surprise attack on England, 3 air fleets attack from France and another 3 from Norway. The Luftwaffe quickly eliminates an already devastated RAF Fighter Command and sinks the Royal Navy BB HMS Royal Oak in Scapa Flow.

This combined with the losses suffered in the Eastern Med, officially knocks Great Britain out of the war, the Allies surrender.

The loss of France early in the game was a setback but I made some extremely stupid moves in the Med that cost me the war.

[ August 18, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]