No partisans after Russia falls?

USGrant

After conquering Russia a few times, it appears to me that there are no Russian partisans after she falls. I guess that is because they are programmed as units of the Russian army, which no longer exists. I wonder if they could be put back in, perhaps programmed as a new minor power. As it stands, it is game over if Russia falls - which is usually OK unless the German got overextended and the allies are headed towards Berlin. I think the anti-partisan garrison should have to remain in Russia to dampen the "operate everyone to the western front" effect.

This would not have a huge impact on most games, I for example use corps and minors to garrison behind the lines and they are not that useful on the western front. But, it would add "realism" and flavor to the end game.

Originally posted by USGrant:

After conquering Russia a few times, it appears to me that there are no Russian partisans after she falls. I guess that is because they are programmed as units of the Russian army, which no longer exists. I wonder if they could be put back in, perhaps programmed as a new minor power. As it stands, it is game over if Russia falls - which is usually OK unless the German got overextended and the allies are headed towards Berlin. I think the anti-partisan garrison should have to remain in Russia to dampen the "operate everyone to the western front" effect.

This would not have a huge impact on most games, I for example use corps and minors to garrison behind the lines and they are not that useful on the western front. But, it would add "realism" and flavor to the end game.

Probably just a minor nuisance and not really

worth it. I mean they have no chance of becoming

regular army units anymore (unless the German

player foolishly leaves cities open-and I

typically leave all corps and minor allies units

behind anyway). They will just make for good

target practice for any excess armies and tanks

that you don't need for Sea Lion.

John DiFool

[ September 10, 2002, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: John DiFool ]

Originally posted by John DiFool:

Probably just a minor nuisance and not really

worth it. I mean they have no chance of becoming

regular army units anymore (unless the German

player foolishly leaves cities open-and I

typically leave all corps and minor allies units

behind anyway). They will just make for good

target practice for any excess armies and tanks

that you don't need for Sea Lion.

John DiFool

Originally posted by USGrant:

The point is that you don't have to leave anything in Russia after it is conquered, even to cover the cities, because (unless I'm mistaken) there are currently no more partisans. I agree that it is not usually a big deal, but it could effect close games and those are the most important games!

My point is that the game is over by then-(i.e.

it AIN'T close) typically all those battle-

hardened long-range Luftwaffe air units will

proceed to sink every Allied ship in sight and

bomb the heck out of every Allied fighter. I did

a post-Russian Sea Lion last night, landed 13

elite ground units on English shores, and STILL

had plenty left over. All my corps stayed behind

in Russia, as I didn't need them.

John DiFool

[ September 10, 2002, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: John DiFool ]

• 2 weeks later...