Hats off to Comrade and Les

JerseyJohn

For those of us who can't post often enough ...

Notice the lack of locked threads here the past several months?

-- In large part this is due to Comrade Trapp having begun a companion Website to SC, which unfortunately was destroyed in an avalanche, but has been replaced by not one, but two new sites!

These sites serve as an outlet for Threads that would not be permitted within BF's restrictions, and are meant to be used in combination with this one. SC at Battlefront focusing on the purer SC game and historical aspects, while the other two branch off into other areas.

Comrade's Firebase Bastogne , while having it's serious side, is also home to the exiled Kuniworth (Oh no, I've said the K-word!) and his never ending list of profound topics, such as -- sorry, they're too profound to mention here, which is why he's the exiled Kuniworth.

Les's Clubhouse is an electronic treehouse where a few wayward philosophers gather to discuss such light hearted topics as government oppression, lack of medical care in the U.S.A., AIDS and the virtues of aging and death! But we never get morbid and have a good time doing it.

We also discuss writing quite a bit, especially SciFi and Tom Clancy typed books. Related threads include Classical Music, Stomp, Cajun ... anything that rocks. ;)

So, if you'd like to join in or have got an idea you really want to talk about that isn't right for BF ...

< Comrade Trapp's Firebase Bastogne >

< Les The Sarge and Friends >

[ February 14, 2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

For those of us who can't post often enough ...

Notice the lack of locked threads here the past several months?

-- In large part this is due to Comrade Trapp having begun a companion Website to SC, which unfortunately was destroyed in an avalanche, but has been replaced by not one, but two new sites!

These sites serve as an outlet for Threads that would not be permitted within BF's restrictions, and are meant to be used in combination with this one. SC at Battlefront focusing on the purer SC game and historical aspects, while the other two branch off into other areas.

Comrade's Firebase Bastogne , while having it's serious side, is also home to the exiled Kuniworth (Oh no, I've said the K-word!) and his never ending list of profound topics, such as -- sorry, they're too profound to mention here, which is why he's the exiled Kuniworth.

Les's Clubhouse is an electronic treehouse where a few wayward philosophers gather to discuss such light hearted topics as government oppression, lack of medical care in the U.S.A., AIDS and the virtues of aging and death! But we never get morbid and have a good time doing it.

We also discuss writing quite a bit, especially SciFi and Tom Clancy typed books. Related threads include Classical Music, Stomp, Cajun ... anything that rocks. ;)

So, if you'd like to join in or have got an idea you really want to talk about that isn't right for BF ...

< Comrade Trapp's Firebase Bastogne >

< Les The Sarge and Friends >

[ February 14, 2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Great, looking forward to it -- back in the groove now and writing again, worked on a new opening to make things less confusing but doesn't replace any earlier material, only goes in front of it.

A best seller would enable me and Marion to move to Belgium to be free of my crazed doctors and within walking distance of some really good beer! :D

Great, looking forward to it -- back in the groove now and writing again, worked on a new opening to make things less confusing but doesn't replace any earlier material, only goes in front of it.

A best seller would enable me and Marion to move to Belgium to be free of my crazed doctors and within walking distance of some really good beer! :D

True -- every once in a while I pick a word or phrase that I beat to death. Another is "My pleasure ..." which is even worse. With a little more ambition I'd tape a list near the screen of words and phrases that get overused.

The problem is, it's hard replacing them with something -- perfect sounds sort of sarcastic at times and outstanding reminds me too much of the crazy AirCav colonel in Appocolypse Now. A tough one, I'll need to break out the old Thesaurus.

My nephew gave me a nightly overdose of "Kool" and "That's Kool" for eight years and I'm only just recovering. The last few months before he moved he was using either "Kool and profound" or "Incredibly Kool and Earthshattering!" when he really liked something.

Sipping brew on a terrace -- magnificent!*

*I don't use that one too often, do I? :D

True -- every once in a while I pick a word or phrase that I beat to death. Another is "My pleasure ..." which is even worse. With a little more ambition I'd tape a list near the screen of words and phrases that get overused.

The problem is, it's hard replacing them with something -- perfect sounds sort of sarcastic at times and outstanding reminds me too much of the crazy AirCav colonel in Appocolypse Now. A tough one, I'll need to break out the old Thesaurus.

My nephew gave me a nightly overdose of "Kool" and "That's Kool" for eight years and I'm only just recovering. The last few months before he moved he was using either "Kool and profound" or "Incredibly Kool and Earthshattering!" when he really liked something.

Sipping brew on a terrace -- magnificent!*

*I don't use that one too often, do I? :D

• 3 weeks later...