Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Rumanian entry triggers?

GumbyDude

I'm playing random entry for minors, but it's unclear what events affect Rumanian entry. It would be nice to have a FAQ available with exact triggers spelled out. Is this info available anywhere? I've seen others mention this, but it's usually a touchy feely subject without concrete info. I don't see a % level for them like US, Italy, or USSR.

I know attacking Spain lowers the chance, but does an attack on Vichy affect Rumania?

Does conquest over Yugoslavia or Greece affect entry? I took them both and Hungary entered, but Rumania did not.

Does an attack on Sweden affect them (I took both Norway and Sweden)?

Does military build up in Poland affect them? If so what are details?

Does attacking Turkey or Mid East affect them?

Does DoW on USSR affect them?

As an old 3R/A3R and ASL player for 20 years now, it's important to me to have exact triggers spelled out (such as # of combat factors within 3 hexes of USSR border). That sort of thing. Actual source code (I'm a programmer too) or the formulas (similar to the readiness formulas) would be great from Hubert.

There is a blurb on each countries triggers in the manual. I'm at work right now, otherwise I'd look it up for ya.

I found them a little too vague as I am sure you will. Exact triggers would be nice, but I haven't seen them anywhere in print.

Perhaps someone who has access to the game manual can help. I won't be home until sometime next year. LOL :D

Actually, I have the manuals but was looking in the PDF version printed out on paper. I grepped the .txt file and found this:

"25% chance of joining Axis on or after this date depending on status of fascist minors: Spain/Hungary/Rumania/Bulgaria"

This was a bit confusing though as it doesn't precisely spell it out. I assume a random number is generated each turn and compared to a summed percentage.

Spain is particularly unclear. Is it:

Spain attacked: -25%, OR

Spain neutral: 0% or +25%?

I assume the later since if it was 0% no one would ever enter as it would be 0 all the time.

Spain neutral, no Balkans: Chance of entry==25%

Spain neutral, 1 entered: entry==50%

Spain neutral, 2 entered: entry==75%

Spain attacked, 2 entered: entry==50%

Is that correct? Seems Russia, Vichy, and Sweden, don't affect entry. If you attack Spain before anyone joins, is it:

Spain attacked, 0 entered: entry==(-25%)

This suggests none will *ever* enter :eek:

Yugo is a bit confusing too considering the different countries and their effects.

This is important stuff to know precisely, IMO.

GumbyDude

"Yugo is a bit confusing too considering the different countries and their effects."

Sure is. I understand why Hubert added this wild card sort of event, but it's almost like a national hallucination and deathwish! I think Yugo's path should be tied in with Greece as the ruling families were related and often worked in cooperation -- or the Balkan equivalent tongue.gif .

Without an Italian invasion of Greece I don't think Yugo should coups and if Italy doesn't invade Greece there should be a chance it follows the Bulgarian course (which isn't exactly what happens in the game, though close enough) and in that instance Yugo ought to follow suite. The result would be a solid pro-Axis Balkan block. To make it along historical lines, it would help if Axis Bulgaria, Yugoslavia and Greece can only move their units within the area between of their three countries and Albania, reflecting the defensive nature of their treaties, which I'm sure Germany would have agreed to -- the big thing was they didn't want enemies in their rear while in Russia, exactly as was the case with Napoleon, except in his case Austria, Prussia, Sweden and others went against him after his winter fiasco.

bivouac.jpg