Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How the hell do we invade Great Britain ?

Trigger Happy

I'll try, but I'm always iffy about it, because it's not not a sure thing, but the readiness of US and Russia change very rapidly..

We assume you have taken France, as well as their ports of Brest and Bordeaux.

You will your German navy, and nine units, three at each harbor, and at least four air fleets. Two HQ's for the invasion, one for the air fleets. ie three HQ's.

Five air fleets is much better.

And then it's a matter of pounding. Pound down the British air fleets. Land your corps, armor, armies, and HQ's. Let your fleets get hammered while they cover the flanks.

When the British fleets show themselves, I bomb them to pieces. Others bomb London to pieces to take that for your port and supply center.

The British fleet will hurt you and kill at least 3 of your units, at least.

It's all very exciting, but pound the fleets first, wait with the landed units, position them around London, and then just pound it. And take it.

You only have so much time....

What you invaded with, is about all you have.

Everything else must go to reinforcing the eastern front.

It's dicey. It's exciting.

I love it.

Nicely put.

If you're playing a human and are about to take Manchester try and have a corps (preferably Italian) within docking distance of Gibraltar, that way you can occupy the place when Britain falls, shutting the U. S. out of the Mediteranean.

Of course, if Spain has entered, and it usually will after London falls, you can just move a unit there in the normal manner, or at worst operate one.

It isn't as urgent against the AI as after the fall of England the computer usually sits in America and Canada, sulking.

[ January 19, 2003, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]