Operating units from Norway, thru Sweeden and into Finland (and beyond)

Norse

Hubert ze man, why wont ze let uz operate ze kewl units from Norway to Finland smile.gif

Alright, dropping the axis accent ;)

Seriously, there were several railroads going from Bergen, thru Oslo, into Sweeden up and down, into Finland, and beyond (into Sovjet, Murmansk, Leningrad etc).

The railroads were used by the axis mainly, to ship troops from Norway into Finland (and the other way around).

The allies wanted to take this route as well, though that stayed on the planning stage. When Finland were in conflict with Sovjet, France and Britain purposed to the governments of Norway and Sweeden that they should join the allies. Had Norway and Sweeden joined the allies, then the railroads would open the path up into Finland. The plan was to transport the troops to Bergen, and from there operate them into Finland. Both nations promptly turned down the offer, but, it shows that the allied HQ's belived the railroads were able to move substantial forces (something the axis did later anyway). I know I know... "they just planned this but they didn't do it", well.. Im just telling you the allied plan in the area, and that the axis did this later as well, so it was done - and planned, and done, eerrr Im confusing myself :confused:

The map cuts off the parts where Scandinavia is connected, and Norway / Sweeden is like an island now. I feel so wierd when I transport units from Sweeden and land them in Finland. tongue.gif

Now u know there were railroads there smile.gif

~Norse~