Hubert Minor and The Equalizer

Panzer Cmdr

I am glad you are considering the idea on allowing neutral majors the ability to do "limited" research, production and movements. Though I believe you may need to adjust starting forces.

It may be bad too if they then (speaking mainly of Russia) still were allowed to entrench each turn. This would makes all red units easily fully entrenched in time for Barbara Striesand, I mean Barbarossa.

A thought came to mind. (it may not be new to forum) but what if we assigned an MPP cost for actions of units (these would be logistic cost in nature).

1) Cost to entrench (cost perhaps corps 1MPP, Army 2, Tank 3) each turn to entrench to their max allowed by terrain. This would be their action for their turn, when max is reached it would cost to maintain. Thus an Army spends 4 turns and 8MPP's to entrench to 4. If they don't take action/spend MPP's to maintain entrenchment they decrease each turn back down a level. This would hinder the defender.

2) To hinder the attacker, make it cost MPP's to move units. Perhaps similar method or even better base it on a % value of the unit. So it may cost less to rebase the strength level 2 airwing than it does for that massive 15 strength hi-tech airwing.

*** These methods would help control forces growing to rediculous levels. Wow look at that German Player with 15 Airwings, too bad he only has enough "supply" to attack with 1 of them! :D

- Also believe that to limit effects of Techs there should be a upgrade cost to existing units, possibly only available when at a major controlled city. This would definetly slow research. Wow I got level 5 jets, but I didn't save any money to retrofit my aircraft-boys fly back to Berlin, get some R&R and we will upgrade those FW190's to ME262's!

Hey I pity DiFool :eek: that acuses me of stealing. You should be glad that I and others may support similar views. I have mentioned this idea in post from the distant past, and I am sure someone probally did before than (or this idea may be done in other games). Don't think YOU truly are the first person in the universe of wargamers to have the idea. You had better get your ideas copywritted so that Hubert can get you your 2 cents.

-If you were only kidding than ignore this post. If you were serious, like I said, I pity Difool.

Well guys I have to disagree with some of your points. There should be NO cost involved in entrenching units, that is because these are basic defenses and NOT fortifications. If fortifications in the future could be built by a player, then ofcourse a cost should be applied to that level of defense, but not for digging some ditches.

Cost to move a unit? Nope, I disagree strongly on this one. Yes ofcourse units used fuel and supplies to move, but if you are going down that road then you have to also say there is a maintenance cost for every unit each turn.

When it comes down to it, I think your points would be rather valid for a future SC2, but as far as SC goes, it would radically change the game in a negative way.

VonBraun

Hey that's cool John :cool:

I don't like threads were people get into bashing oneanother. I am glad we see eye to eye on topics, now if only that Hubert guy would just get to work! ;) Just kiddin' H.C. - hope you have a great weekend as well as the rest of you fellow junkies. ATTACK...ATTACK...ATTACK