Partisans

ArmenianBoy

I really feel partisans should be limited to movement only in their respective country. I'm in a game where a Yugo partisan came almost out of no where (FOW on) and took a German city. Granted a garrison there could have saved me a bunch. This seems a bit crazy from any perspective. Is there any plan to change this?

I strongly agree. The way that I would implement this is that if a partisan unit leaves its home country then it is immediately disbanded and the production points restored to the player. Maybe with a warning first like, "Player: are you sure that you want to do this?"

Very good comment from you. You show intelligence and good observation skills. I played as Germans several times and had to fight off a few Titoist partisans coming from the south--definitely not historically accurate here.

Also, I think that the French Communists / Resistance should get one partisan unit (maybe) and the Greek EAM-ELAS should get one as well. These partisan forces actually did a bit of fighting. Not as much as Yugoslavs or Soviets, but still enough to get a unit every once in a while.

I agree completely, partisan marching hundreds of miles to INVADE somewhere is just insane. However, I don't think this could be changed.

Let's look at the game balance, if partisans were disbanded or barred from invasions: unless they fundamentally change the way partisans operate, all they would be turned into is little corps sized units wandering around in their countries, having no effect whatsoever.

For those partisans to do anything, you would have to make them similar to Surface Raiders; every turn there is a loss of MPP until they are killed. Perhaps even a chance of an overthrow? THAT would be cool, and that kind of change could make the game a lot more fun.

I mean, does it seem odd that you can have thousands of enemy troops free inside your borders, and you don't feel any ill effects? Those Yugoslav partisans were HELL on supply lines, they should be likewise in SC.