Personal best-Allies

Galatine

This is as of the last time I saved the game:

January 10 1941

All initial Allied terrriories held, including France and the Lowland countries.

North peninsula taken to the south 1 hex past Hamburg.

Essen surrounded and undersiege. Cologne 5/6 surrounded with the near mine allied control.

South Germany invaded and held two hexes deep.

British income: 155

French income: 115

German income: 130

My tactic:

I sell the bomber squadron for 450 MMps the first turn and buy a tank and an army.

Next turn land them, Alexander's HQ and the two Corps from Britian on the North pennisula, with the Royal Navy crossing to the East side.

Take the port and hold it and the coast with Navy. Advance south to outside Hamburg and link up with lowland forces. Reinforce and take Hamburg.

What were the computer aid bonuses in that game? With it on default diff and +1 exp to the computer, I managed to lose France, but take Norway, Sweden, and begin an invasion of Germany in the North while they were occupied in the Balkans and Greece. I managed to take out 2 of their air fleets which they had unwisely positioned near the coast, and could possibly have done some real damage to them if the demo hadn't ended. BTW...what is the date for the last turn? I always forget to check, so I never get MPP figures.

Oka this is really starting to get on my nerves. For a bunch of self-proclaimed history buffs your geography is atrocious. That "North Peninsula" you guys keeping talking about actually has a proper name. It's called Denmark. Say it with me D-E-N-M-A-R-K. Good. Now PLEASE try to remember that next time.

P.S. Galatine this was not directeted at you specifically. Although you have made this mistake on numerous occasions. You were just the closest when the gun went off, so to speak. Cya, bye!

Originally posted by Achiles:

Oka this is really starting to get on my nerves. For a bunch of self-proclaimed history buffs your geography is atrocious. That "North Peninsula" you guys keeping talking about actually has a proper name. It's called Denmark. Say it with me D-E-N-M-A-R-K. Good. Now PLEASE try to remember that next time.

P.S. Galatine this was not directeted at you specifically. Although you have made this mistake on numerous occasions. You were just the closest when the gun went off, so to speak. Cya, bye!

Well, I for one wasn't speaking about D-E-N-M-A-R-K I was talking about North G-E-R-M-A-N-Y. You know, the country just to the south that started the whole mess? Of course, since it's all gray when the game starts, then that's all that matters. Are you a Dane by chance? :D

Originally posted by Wolfpack:

Well, I for one wasn't speaking about D-E-N-M-A-R-K I was talking about North G-E-R-M-A-N-Y. You know, the country just to the south that started the whole mess? Of course, since it's all gray when the game starts, then that's all that matters. Are you a Dane by chance? :D

Germany doesn't have a peninsula though.