Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

"Intelligence Reports"

Ranson52

This actually refers to the "Report" button on the game menu. The Military Strength information shows the number of enemy units. If you are keen on checking it periodically, you can sometimes detect subtle increases that may give a hint as to what your opponent is up to. The most important hint is a significant increase in naval units. Since transports are treated as naval units, this is a good indication that a seaborne invasion is pending. Other than that, there's no real "intelligence report" you can go to.

This might be something to expand in SC2, since there are lots of possibilities. Things to consider are casualty report logs for each turn, trend lines for numbers of friendly and enemy units, etc. But with FOW, this shouldn't get too specific or else it would skew gameplay.

Thanks Bill, I appreciate the speedy reply.

I tend to agree regarding FOW, but in general terms I guess "intelligence" takes a number of forms, media, spies, surveillance, radio traffic intercepts etc. While not suggesting for a moment that either side has a whole picture, I would believe them to have some sort of picture most of the time.

You can also get a rough estimate as to whether the Allies or Axis are "winning" the game by looking at the Unit Losses pie chart. This is also found in the "Report" option. Having said this, you will probaly have a good instinct/feeling as to which side is doing better than the other by just look at the map smile.gif