COS vs SC - what are the differences

Batavian

I think most know that these two games are almost identical to each other. I was a huge fan of COS (Clash of Steel). I played the demo of SC (Strategic Command) and opted not to get it as I felt it did not have enough new/different features to warrant a purchase. SG felt like it should have been called COS v1.2. For those veterans of COS, honestly, what is there really new about SG that makes it better/different than COS?

Originally posted by Batavian:

I think most know that these two games are almost identical to each other. I was a huge fan of COS (Clash of Steel). I played the demo of SC (Strategic Command) and opted not to get it as I felt it did not have enough new/different features to warrant a purchase. SG felt like it should have been called COS v1.2. For those veterans of COS, honestly, what is there really new about SG that makes it better/different than COS?

Okay, yer a newbie, so I'll cut ya some slack.

There must be 20 threads scattered throughout this

forum addressing this very topic, so feel free to go

read them first, then get back to us, ok? ;)

John DiFool

John, someone who has been registered on the forum since June isn't exactly a newbie. Maybe a lurker, but not a newbie. But yes, the SC vs COS discussions have been endless. Stomping back and forth over the same bloody ground, as upon the smoke-shrouded Cornfield at Antiedam, accomplishes little. At this point we can only hope that Hubert will thoroughly consider all the ideas and suggestions posted thus far, as well as all the good features from COS and other games, and integrate the best of them into SC2. :cool: