Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Bridgehead at Benicourt AAR

For those interested in Wild Bill's "Bridgehead at Benicourt" scenario, or those who have read my tale of woe here in the thread "How an M8 ruined my day", I have just posted a long four-part AAR of the complete two-player TCPIP battle on the war-historical usenet forum.

Note that there is a very differently played AAR against the AI on Wild Bill's CM site.

This scenario offers one of the best defensive terrain arrangements I have seen, and the uncertainty and scale of the reinforcements make playing this scenario a nail-biting experience.There are a number of interesting lessons to be learned from this game about how to set up a deep and flexible defense, the importance of a reserve, how to castrate an opponent (or rather his force) on the first few moves, how to lure your opponent into premature attacks, and how to turn certain defeat into brilliant victory (or a draw) by sandbagging the opponent with unexpected tactics.

Henri

I'll check into that later today, Henri. I've seen your other CM AAR's at that newsgroup, and find your description of battle details to be commendable.

I also recall your 1998 "Art of Maneuver" article at Gamesdomain relating gameplay of an EF scenario; a good discussion on grand-tactical maneuver.