Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A wargaming question. I Was Wondering if Anyone Remembers This

Way back when, around the ripe old age of 6, I was playing a game on the Commodore 64 called Battle of the Bulge. I think that was the title. I was curious if anyone remembers this. It's been a very long time, but I remember it being a fun game. You could play either the Allied or German forces, and you would set waypoints, and there was artillery, weather factors, air support, supply lines, terrain effects, etc.

I wish I still had a copy. I remember going crazy sitting through 2nd grade, thinking about playing the game, and what I would try differently the next time. Ahhh, the memories. To be a kid again, and to just play games all day without responsibility smile.gif

I use to play Crusade in Europe for the Atari 800 all day long. It took place during the same period as Combat Mission. I can't believe that huge 5 and 1/4 external floppy drive still works after all the battles I fought. I'm not a kid anymore either, but I still try to play games all day without responsibility.

Originally posted by Sgt. Beavis:

Way back when, around the ripe old age of 6, I was playing a game on the Commodore 64 called Battle of the Bugle.

Well at the ripe old age of 6, we had a reel to reel tape player, black and white TV, and a turntable (all of them used vacuum tubes). But I had a game called Computer Ambush for my AppleIIe and IIGS. I think it was by AH. Each side had a 10 man sqd (German and American) and it was a small town that you fought in.

You could give each unit commands and then the computer would figure out the action and then reply the results for you (sorta like CM, but without the speed, graphics and of course Tanks). It was a blast and really it's the game I played more then any other. CM is the closest thing to it I've ever played since then.