Bug: Not moving through adjacent buidlings

Guest claespiper

Guest claespiper

I discovered the hard way, in a TCP/IP game yesterday, that squads will not move straight from one building to another, if the buildings are adjancent to each other. The squad will move out from the first house in to open ground and then move in to the next house. I find this strange and would label it a bug.

It is easy to try: Create three large houses next to each other (in a row) and order a squad in the first house to move straight to the third house. The squad will move out in to the open twice to reach the third house.

My whole platoon got mowed down by two German HMG's while trying to move this way... (I was going to flank them really bad otherwise *hehe*)

Regards

Claes

Guest Germanboy

Not a bug - an intentional restriction. Large buildings have firewalls in between them in Europe, so moving is not that easy, you need a good amount of explosives to do it. Mouseholing is not simulated.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Guest Mikey D

It is painful though to craftily route your troops through a line of rowhouses to flank a maurading Panther only to see them repeatedly scamper from the buildings into the line of fire!