Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

DIY Scenarios - shopping query

Just had a lovely time learning how to go shopping for Allied wherewithall in my first 'design your own' scenario, where my mate and I allowed each other 1200 points to try to be the first into town. But I noticed one problem when my mate and I started play. We both had apparently exclusive access to all the artillery a sergeant could possibly need, and all our leaders were, to use ASL/Squad Leader parlance, 10-3s. And all our boys had raided the store and were stacked to the limit with demo charge, rifle grenades, ammo and more. And none of it cost a point more. It seems odd that totally maxed up artillery costs the same as identical artillery half the number of rounds. How come you don't pay more points for extra ammo, and how come you don't pay more points for Dream Team leaders? I'd be hoping that subsequent updates to this excellent game put some kind of limits on my 'credit card'. In truth, it also makes for lazy gaming, as your tactics boil down to: "pound with artillery for 10, no make that 20, turns"....

You gonna blame the soviets for being lazy for dropping hundreds of high explosive on a enemy postion for a half hour lazy?

And you really can't complagin cuz when you buy those guys they don't have full ammo. And the allies usually have a higher amount of ammo per battery, plus they can "hold" more. Granted it would be nice, but you can only do so much.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by REVS:

How come you don't pay more points for extra ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Because the point costs are meant for QBs, whereas they have no impact at all on designer scenarios.

A temporary solution for this is to agree with your friend on some restrictions to apply.

Suggestions:

- Pay for ammo. Extra ammo will cost you more, reduced ammo will reduce the cost. (Just think of having a very cheap KT sitting in overwatch, loaded with only three rounds of ammo for the main gun...)

- Special rounds cost extra.

Cheers

Olle