Some humor and some food for thought

First and foremost, for today only (that's April 10th just incase you don't have a calendar) there's a piece of grognard-inspired humor I found on another website. Thought you all might like. Be sure to vote for it. :D

Gamespy's Daily Victim

Second, after reading a book I purchased recently (Weapons Of Patton's Armies) I happened upon a interesing piece in the Small Arms section on machine guns. The authors listed a variant of the M1919A4 machine gun, the M1919A6. While only 40,000 of these guns were made during WWII, i'd like to think that a few made it to the front. And, with a detachable shoulder stock and front-mounted bipod... it seems to me that it could've, not has to but could've been an Allied squad-level weapon (forgive me if my english is incorrect, i'm doing my best). I do remember reading in another book on WWII (which I will purchase post-haste) a report on the same weapon stating that while it was not liked by the troops, it was used in Airborne squads, not platoons, squads. Now, i'm not saying such a change has to be made, but if there's enough evidence to say that the Americans were using this type of weapon in WWII and that it did not have to have 4-6 men supporting it, well, i'd like to think that it should be included. If anyone has any information on the M1919A6 and how it was used, i'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: Predator ]