Infantry will not Pause if Hiding ?

Guest tero

I just noticed (German smile.gif )infantry will not stay Hidden when you issue the Pause order in preparation to moving out. (v 1.1)

Is this a feature or an oversight ? Or am I just fooled by the changing of the graphics. The toolbar reverts from Hidden when Pause order is issued.

Anyway, I for one would like to be able to have limited control over the timing of infantry movements just as I am in limited conrol of the timing of the vehicle movements.

I believe all units will unhide as soon as they are given an order. Any order. And of course that goes for both Axis and Allies.

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 02-11-2001).]

>IIRC, you can have a short "CRAWL" command leg, and it keeps 'em out of site right before you move or dash out in a run, and they stay hidden for the most part.

That is a nice work around.

But there are times when they might do something stupid, like engage an enemy unit they are not supposed to and get pinned in the process. Or the crawl order might expose them to the enemy if there is limited room to crawl around.

This is a problem with infantry. The default position for infantry is the kneeling, standing position. As soon as you issue an order, they go to that posture and wait out the delay time before executing the order.

The sequence of evens unfold like this:

--Infantry is hiding somewhere.

--You order them to move, crawl, etc... to another position.

--The turn starts, they pop up and wait for the time delay before executing their orders. In the process, they'll open fire.

>--The turn starts, they pop up

They actually pop up already during the orders phase. smile.gif

>..and wait for the time delay before executing their orders. In the process, they'll open fire.

Exactly. I wonder why the default status for infantry is not hidden, as it should be...

At least in the Finnish army basic training the default is to disperse and get out of sight if there are no orders to be carried out.