Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Questions

1. Can someone help me locate the Iron Man rules I have seen references to? Searches against this DB are timing out.

2. What is the general experience with the AI unit cohesiveness? Is it smart enough to try and keep units in command and control or do they quickly spread to the four winds (a la close combat)?

3. Again with the AI, is it reasonably intelligent when allowed to set-up outside of the historical defaults or does it stumble?

Thanks for your time.

1. Don't know and I'm too lazy smile.gif

2. AI is (IMO) a bit too coordinated at times. It has no problem keeping squads togeather, though it does have a tendency to lead with command units. Strategically it picks on flag and goes for it will all its might. This can be a problem when you want to execute a two pronged attack. Over all the AI is good, better on defense than attack.

3. The AI does better when a human sets up its positions. But it does choose good positions on its own. This is why I prefer scenarios to QBs.

Basically, the AI is good, but not as good as a human. But it can and will beat even an experienced player from time to time.

--Chris

I agree with Maastrictian's comments above. In attack I find it tends to attack in a rather piecemeal fashion, with CO's often leading the charge.

It's better in defence and usually keeps something in reserve to give you a nasty shock!

It tends to be less effective with Art/mortars than human players.

Still the AI has beaten me many times ..... and if you want more of a challenge from the AI you can always give them a 10% advantage in forces and raise their experience level a notch or two. I've never been that cocky

;)