Why winter vehicle crew uniforms not white?

I asked this in another post but I think the post is dead, so thought - hey, I'll ask everybody. I know one of you out there knows and I'll be hanged if I'm going to let you keep it to yourself. So come on - give. Tell me it's that damn hard-coded thing and not just our dear modders didn't notice it, I noticed it and if you want to hear something more shocking did you realize that almost all of the American crew helmets aren't white either!!!!!! Yes, their uniforms are white but no, no white helmets. I am ashamed - to say the least. So really anybody know? smile.gif

Maximus. I just finished downloading your V3 and went to the game to see if that changed all uniforms to white and it doens't change all. Most still have the brown helmets on them. So that's not it. So, I wonder why helmets are still brown? Any other comments? I just have to know why German crews uniforms are black and why American crew helmets are brown. I can live with it but now just want to know why. Oh by the way glad I did download yours, very nice coloring.

Just a bump. I really would like to know why the brown helmets in the winter on the American vehicle crews and why most of the German vehicle crew uniforms still in black instead of white when it's winter. Am I the only one interested? Everybody should be highly ashamed. This is very important can't you all see that???? :D

Well unless you were the one hiding those special paint-retentive leather tanker helmets back then, I doubt that paint would stick to leather very well--especially in the winter.

In other words, I left the tanker helmet brown on purpose. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reverendo:

I might be mistaken, but why should they wear white uniforms, if they are inside a tank that is already white?

:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, in this case, the issue is with CM's file-sharing. You see, the arm file for the '44 US Infantry is also used for the Tank Crews, so whatever you do to that file, you must also do to the tank crew torso and side files. Some people were wanting winter '44 uniforms so I had to do it this way. smile.gif

If you'ld be working in any remotely related occupation (or if y'all had any common sense ;) ) then you'ld realize that working in an oily, greasy, dirty tank would get your white suit everything else but white very fast smile.gif

But seriously, crews usually don't wear fatigues because they are not expected to need them. They fight from inside the vehicle. If they encounter enemy fire they will button up anyhow.

And compared to the visibility/silhouette of the tank itself it doesn't matter much if the guy sticking his head out will have a white or black hat smile.gif