CM2 should include a Mod Manager !

Or support for CMMOS ! smile.gifsmile.gif

Let's face it, there will be hordes of mods for CM2. We struggled with installing/changing mods in CM, and now there's an sleek, user friendly, extensible and efficient Mod manager - CMMOS.

So I really hope that BTS either will put an "official" Mod Manager in CM2, or else that they'll provide "official" support for CMMMOS- that doesn't involve much if the game does not offer alternaltive texture sets (ooops, in fact it involves having a Mac version :eek: !), and will make all the community use the same system, so modders will focus on mods and not installation routines, batches, etc... smile.gif

I would agree but that would probably mean some sort of coordination between the MOD folks to adhere to a format for MODs. For me it would be nice due to the amount of vehicles and units in the game but to be honest I do not use a modmanager or CMMOS (although I thank those involved) to change me units as I keep my MODs static. I only change them when in my opinion something better comes along. I just use a spreadsheet to track what i have installed (have about everything in the game modded!)

Just my thoughts!

Thanks Priest,

My idea is indeed to have modders adhere to the same guidelines- and only BTS can "enforce" this !

As for using managers programs, I only use one since CMMOS came out - but before that I relied on batch files.

How can you keep "static" mods when you have to change them according to nationalities (Allied vehicles, tanks and uniforms), theater - if using DFDR or playing Italy scenarios, location (buildings sets for Normandy, church types, ...), season (spring/summer/fall grass), type of forces (Heer/SS for vehicles markings) ????

That's why I was very happy to see CMMOS !! :D