Target ref

Does anyone think it's odd that you can't 'walk' artillery fire more then

20 metres or so from a target reference point

without incuring a full time delay - when you

can walk it 100 meteres or so from a regular

target. Sometimes it seems you are better of without the ref point. Also it would be good to have some indication when walking a regular unsighted plot whether you are in the permissable 100m radius or not - as you do with the green line when the target is sighted. I did a search for this but was surprised I found nothing - did I miss a thread?

[This message has been edited by hobbes (edited 01-30-2001).]

Hmm, perhaps this is a double thread that's already been answered...

The current situation arouse as a side effect of fixing an earlier "bug" that allowed you to target any point within 100m of the TRP as if it was adjusted fire, even if you hadn't targeted anything before.

Personally I don't think the earlier situation was a bug, although it did offer some oversized advantage to TRPs, because of the relatively small areas ("maps") used in CM.

As it is now, it's impossible to get the short response time when adjusting fire from a point within 20m of a TRP to a point outside of that circle. frown.gif

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Strategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...

• 2 weeks later...

bump

The reason I'm bumping this is to make the point that you seem to get replies easily

to fairly frivolous threads about lurkers - but next to nothing about stuff like this - are me and Olle the only ones that care about TRP's?

[This message has been edited by hobbes (edited 02-11-2001).]