To mod makers and players, regarding the desert mod, single or double install CM?

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hi all

After downloading the excellent DFDR mod I decided to install 2 copies of CM. One normal and one dedicated to the DFDR mod. I have 2 shortcuts on my desktop linking to the 2 different installs. Very easy.

My wish to all mod makers is that they make mod packs with files named like the original bmp files. Then I can just unzip the new desert bmp files straight into my CM-DFDR/BMP folder. With all the vehicles and scenarios about to come out for this new Desert mod, I am sure this is the best way to do it.

Some people have adopted a single install of CM, and rely on batch files to change between the two versions. This might work now, but I fear the single install will get quite messy over time.

So please have both options in mind when you release new graphics for the Desert mod.

Thank you!

Regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Visit my AAR site:

home.online.no/~andhess/cm/

And my Panzer Elite site:

25th-pzrgt.de

[This message has been edited by Heinz 25th PzReg (edited 03-25-2001).]

We're still rearranging and shuffling, Heinz. When everything is concrete, you can expect to see no .bmp names with suffixes or any other naming convention other than the standard. This will apply to our stuff anyway. 3rd party mods are a different matter however, and we'll probably just post them as received.

------------------

Clubfoot.

melton1911@aol.com

Do it in the desert at www.dfdr.net