That Darn GO! button

I KNOW that this subject was last brought up in December. I did the search and read what people think. Jeff Heidman & David Aitken your opinions against this idea are duly noted.

Maybe I was a little sleepy playing early this morning (my opponent was in Mannheim, Germany), but I accidentally hit the GO! button twice in a TCP game. Once it didn't matter, but the second time it did. My opponent also has done it.

A game as intricate as CM:BO, shouldn't be at the mercy of an inadvertant mouse click. All of one's plans can be dashed if you happened to be distracted while trying change your viewpoint and hit that darn button on the 30th turn before you are ready to. ARGHH! It can tend to make one's day truly challenging indeed.

With that said, IMO, there still needs to be something done about the accidental clicking of the GO! button. Jeff H. doesn't want to have to be asked if he wants to really go on and yet something is needed. Can't a confirmation to-continue querie be toggled off and on like anything else is toggled off & on? This way the people who don't want to be bothered won't be, if is toggled off.

OR, maybe the soultion is to move the GO! button away from those other buttons -say an inch or so. Right now, the GO! button is what -a millemeter (or two at the most) away from the viewing buttons. That is way too close. Moving it a little is a nice solution and it too shouldn't be hard to do.

Thanks.

Jumbo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monty:

S!

I use mouse..arrow keys and number keys for views ( PC ) so i have no troubles with the GO button.

U have Mac ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monty,

I'll keep in mind what you do and give it a try for now. I just prefer doing everything with the mouse. I find that it is much faster that way-especially when scrolling around the map.

Jumbo

I proposed somewhere having a rollover animation for the GO button (and NOWHERE ELSE) to alert the player he has the pointer over a critical area. Maybe for CM2, maybe not.

You might want to try my GUNMETAL mod too. I have sort of separated the GO button from the rest of the NAV buttons design-wise, it seems to look more 'isolated' now and you may find this will help you to 'watch out' for that area.

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time

deanco,

You da man! I downoaded the gunmetal mod and you're right. There is a little more space now. I like the style too. I did however do the 3002B-W.bmp switcheroo. I just couldn't read what was there when trying to save a game.

MANY thanks to you. I find it interesting how my CMBO hardly looks like it did right after I bought it. All the mods really add to the game. Ahhhh, versatility. Nothing beats it. COMBAT MISSION is the best period!

Jumbo