Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

cat among the pigeons,whos kidding who ?

Thanks, Slapdragon, that's a lot better. I guess as a college professor, you get to see a lot of immature students.

Now let's just watch the super bowl and thank the Giants for holding on that last play when they got the interception.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Thanks, Slapdragon, that's a lot better. I guess as a college professor, you get to see a lot of immature students.

Now let's just watch the super bowl and thank the Giants for holding on that last play when they got the interception.

Actually, my students are all 17 - 22 and are mostly very mature. Sure, once in awhile I will get called out of a warm bed to bail one out of jail for drunken disorderly, and sometimes you get some strange reasoning out of a freshman who wants to protest the administration over the type of toilet paper they buy for the dorms, but I find that an 18 year old is an adult plain and simple, or as adult as they are really getting.

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Actually, my students are all 17 - 22 and are mostly very mature. Sure, once in awhile I will get called out of a warm bed to bail one out of jail for drunken disorderly, and sometimes you get some strange reasoning out of a freshman who wants to protest the administration over the type of toilet paper they buy for the dorms, but I find that an 18 year old is an adult plain and simple, or as adult as they are really getting.

Can I introduce you to the guys in the dorm next to mine? Maturity of 4 year olds, party like 16 year olds, and judging by the volume of their music, the hearing of 95 year olds. smile.gif Never knew it was possible to get drunk off vodka fumes through a cinderblock wall, or maybe that's just their rap music making my head pound. smile.gif

Oh, and your students should be lucky to even have toilet paper in their dorms. Believe it or not, I gave up on the college to supply it. I just buy it myself and walk down the hall carrying a roll whenever I need to go. Have I told you about the cafeteria's food?

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska