Important feature suggestion for CMBB (and CMBO)

The latest release of PBEM Helper supports user-defined programs, and it is also possible to define a command line option to load a PBEM game directly with password, so that the user does not have to select the turn file name and he does not have to enter the password manually.

In order for this to work, CMBB should have that command line option! And while BTS is at it, add the command line option to CMBO as well. The command line option should be something like

"Combat Mission.EXE" "%f" "%p"

where %f will be replaced with the full PBEM file path, and %p with the password.

Come on BTS, do it! Currently the PBEM Helper first detects the CMBO screen resolution, then sends the appropriate mouse clicks, then sends the file name, and finally sends the password (thanks to One Click and Kyle Neet!). But this does not work 100%. With the above command line option it would always work, and when the CMBB is released, the PBEM Helper would support it from day 1.

Ah, but what's problematic about this is the constant starting/stopping of CM -- unless you'd spawn a copy of CM for each and every turn.....

There's a better way, and I've started on a proposal for BTS but haven't worked on it in awhile -- just not sure how receptive they'd be.....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sbg2112:

Ah, but what's problematic about this is the constant starting/stopping of CM<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see the problem, I do it every day about 20 times. With the command line option the starting and stopping could be faster, because it wouldn't load the main menu screens at all, and it could automatically unload after the turn file has been saved.

Of course if CMBB had a COM/DDE interface, that would be even faster, no need to start and stop at all.