Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Is it possible later on...?

OK this may have been discussed earlier but I haven't seen it yet so please forgive me if this is redundant. I am enjoying CM tremendously. After dabbling a bit by myself I have just played my first headsup game with the new TCP/IP patch and had a blast. So of course like any budding addict I want more!!! So here's my Q. Is it possible down the line (i.e. CM2 or later it's equivalent) to enable multiple players per side? I know that it may not happen very soon but I've been very lucky enuff to have a small LAN at my digs (and no life to speak off smile.gif ) and played Sid Miers Gettysburg. While not a huge Civil war buff it did have a cool ability to let the players all play on one side and divvy up their forces between them. I had a hoot grabbing one cavalry unit to wheel arond a flank while a bud used an infantry unit to attack an enemy position from another direction. It would rock if this could work in CM too. Is this possible down the line? While more complicated coordination wise it may work on the net too with some coordination via in game messaging. (" You take yer forces up the road while Bob swings around the woods to hit the flank" ) And even the difficulties with plyer to player comms would somewhat simulate the fog of war and crappy radios? So am I outta my mind in thinking about it? Can it work? Thanks fer not smirking! smile.gif