Map editor request

PvK

I imagine these ideas have been brought up somewhere in this huge forum history, but here are some requests for map editor enhancements:

It'd reall be nice to be able to cut and paste large sections of map.

Being able to specify which direction to extend or shrink the map would really help too, to make scenarios want a map that uses part of a previous map. Right now, it only seems to extend or shrink from the north and east edges, which greatly limits the ability to do so.

Finally, it would be very nice to be able to start a new scenario based on a saved game file, to at least get the map in its current state of damage including all the craters and building damage, and hopefully the wrecks, too.

This would be great for making scenarios set on prior battlefields, and especially for human-moderated campaign games re-fighting in the same area.

PvK

Hey there PvK,

Yes, cut and paste could be useful. smile.gif

As for map direction enlargement, you CAN do this in the editor. You have to hold down the SHIFT key (I believe) if you want the map to extend in a different direction. Anyhoo, it's in the manual there someplace. smile.gif

And YES! I'd love to be able to design a scenario with wrecks, building damage, and squads with casualties, etc. That'd be super swellish, like. smile.gif

Gpig

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gpig:

As for map direction enlargement, you CAN do this in the editor. You have to hold down the SHIFT key (I believe) if you want the map to extend in a different direction. Anyhoo, it's in the manual there someplace. smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>

Thanks Gpig! It seemed like there should be a way to at least use the reduction and enlargement in the other directions - that can acomplish some of what I was talking about.

PvK