Excellent T-34 article at AFV Interiors

A very informative article; thanks for posting the URL. Any more from the same fellow(s), about other vehicles?

Found the answer - he has the Marder II as well, and the M3 halftrack. With more in the works. Nice stuff.

One point about an item in the article. At one point he expresses some surprise or confusion about a comment from a source, that the TC and driver only, had radios, when it was clear to him the radio was by the hull MG gunner when it was present. I believe the first part is about intercom mikes inside the tank - that is, only the TC and driver could talk to each other over such a system, with the loader and MG gunner expected to talk to the other guy in their fighting compartment.

Another interesting tidbit is the statement that the thickness of the front glacis increased to 60mm as the war progressed. I wonder if that might not refer to the *turret* front only, though, and have been misinterpreted by the author. I think the turret was uparmored by about that amount, but I haven't seen the hull front listed as above 47mm at 60 degrees. The turret, of course, did not have quite the slope of the upper hull, so it needed greater thickness to give roughly the same protection.

[This message has been edited by jasoncawley@ameritech.net (edited 04-02-2001).]

Sorry, should have posted these before.

The homepage

http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/

And the archive

http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/archive.html

Tons of great WWII stuff here- the M3 Grant, M18 Hellcat, M26 Pershing, Pz III, StuG, hummel, and lots more.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.