AT teams fire on troops, blind grunts

HAKA

Maybe its suppose to be like this, but my at teams, bazooka or shreck seem to like to fire on troops. Even when i put them in 'hide' mode, they come out of it and fire on enemy troops. Wasting precious heat rounds.

Also ive seen more than once in the 'Fear in the Fog' scenario...Troops in 'Sneak' mode walk right past suppressed ememy troops and let a half track drive directly over the top of them and not fire!!! Now the halftrack didnt seem to be firing either, but as you can imagine it was a tense few minutes until the german commander rolled his vehical on down the road. Which was quickly dispatched by a hidden and so far unmolested AT team.

I thought it was a visibility thing, however later, troops were engauging eachother over longer distances with much more limited site.

None of the troops in question were worse than 'Alerted' so i dont think it was their condition...

Is AT teams firing on troops a common occurance?

If this is an old issue please point me to the thread.

Also, couldnt there be a way to assign a command unit to an infantry squad?

------------------

Whiti te ra! Hi!!

From my experience AT teams will stay hidden depending on their experince level, if they are in command of an HQ unit. I've had inf. go right through the woods next to them without spotting them and the baz teams just sit and hide like they're supposed to.

Troops in sneak mode are doing what you asked them. SNEAK is supposed to not engage and move steathly through to the waypoint. It's hard to be sneaky if you're busting caps as you move through the woods ya' know? Try using a great many little MOVE >> SNEAK commands together if you want them to engage while on the way to wherever you're sending them. Or better yet coordinate a couple squads movement orders like that together.

Ah well that would explain it then.

I thought i read that in 'Sneak' mode they were more likely to 'Stop' and 'Engage' any targets of oppurtunity. Ill have to read over the movement section again.

This morning a saw a green squad of grunts fire on 'Infantry Sounds' in the woods out front of their position..This game is great!

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

From my experience AT teams will stay hidden depending on their experince level, if they are in command of an HQ unit. I've had inf. go right through the woods next to them without spotting them and the baz teams just sit and hide like they're supposed to.

Troops in sneak mode are doing what you asked them. SNEAK is supposed to not engage and move steathly through to the waypoint. It's hard to be sneaky if you're busting caps as you move through the woods ya' know? Try using a great many little MOVE >> SNEAK commands together if you want them to engage while on the way to wherever you're sending them. Or better yet coordinate a couple squads movement orders like that together.

------------------

Whiti te ra! Hi!!