Allied mission briefing for Pierric Victory

I hope two days of R&R was enough for your boys. You're not going up to the front, the front is coming to you. The airforce dropped the ball and once again it's the infantry's job to pick it up again.

Let me give it to your straight. It's a nasty piece of work and you've got to know I wouldn't cut your rest short if it wasn't critical.

There's a town called Pierric to the west of here. The town isn't important, it's so small there isn't a road in or out, but there's a railyard there. The airforce keeps shooting up the trains and the Germans take them to Pierric and put them back together again.

The air corps tried bombing the railyard and they put that back together too. Then they took AAA fire and decided not to go back. So now we have to go in. And by "we" I mean you.

The town's at a rail junction. We've already got a force headed there in half-tracks. Your boys will meet up with them at the junction and then you'll take command to take the town.

I've managed to scrounge up a Sherman to go with you. But from the looks of the recon photos it'll do you about as much good as a condom at a church picnic. I'm mostly loaning it to you to make me feel a little less guilty about sticking you with this job.

Something that should be more useful is the 81mm mortars I've assigned to provide you artillery support. They won't take out armor, but then only a jackass would send armor to a place like that. If you had the time I'd recommend just sitting back and letting the artillery wipe the town off the map. But the reason we're sending you in now is because there's word that trains are headed towards the place.

You've seen the big map. If the Germans can move some armor across those rails they can launch an attack against our rear flank. Now if you take the town, the German armor would have to disembark somewhere in the hill country and we could be in Berlin before they could find their way out to our lines.

You can look at the photos on your way. It's simple really. Railyard in the middle, your primary objective. Rail junction, of course. Then there's a big house on a hill overlooking the approach to the town and the usual picturesque church in the town for the Germans to dig in at and you to knock down. You may as well knock it down. Considering the assignments you've been drawing it's pretty obvious God already hates you.

And if there's any Germans in it, send 'em to Hell.

[i just finished writing this up, I have to add it to the scenario at home tonight and then I will post the scenario. I hope it sounds appealing.]

yeah, I know.

I'm used to bigger paper and pencil wargames where a railroad is assumed to include a road running beside it.

After I was done with the scenario my friend noticed no road into town. He hadn't noticed it until the end, so we decided it wasn't a huge problem.

I should probably do something about it. I just like the map as it stands and don't want to have to move terrain around to allow for a road. It probably wouldn't be too bad. I should do it tonight.