Pictures to large.

HGA

I'd like to ask a favor of the people that post pictures in the forum. Would you please decrease the size of the pictures. Since I only have A 17" monitor and uses the 1024*728 resolution I have to scroll sideways to read the posts and the replys. It would also help to cut down the download time on my modem (soon to be upgraded smile.gif).

Edit: For an example see the tread on:

Assault gun Area Target Bug Again

Thanks in advance.

HGA

------------------

"Oh. Oh, I see. Running away, eh? You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!" BLACK KNIGHT.

[This message has been edited by HGA (edited 02-06-2001).]

It works better if I open the forum in a new window but not perfect. Is there any settings for the browser that I have missed?

HGA

------------------

"Oh. Oh, I see. Running away, eh? You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!" BLACK KNIGHT.

The standard size for a browser window is about 700 pixels wide. Netscape 4 Mac has this as a default setting, which I like, even though it only takes up about half of my monitor width. Anything wider and I have to scroll sideways.

Any picture wider than 600 pixels will distort the message layout on this forum. This will be a particular problem for people with small monitors (15" or less than 1024x768), and I think this represents a significant proportion of CM players.

I tend to keep the pictures I post to 500 pixels wide, or less if they are vertically orientated. 600 is okay, but this also makes for a bigger download. Depends how compressed it is.

David

button.gif

[This message has been edited by David Aitken (edited 02-07-2001).]

I have recently switched my Desktop to 1152 x 864 and when I take a screenshot it usually comes out at around 1100 x 700 resolution. But what I do, is that I go reduce the dimensions by about 30-40 percent and I get a pic that is about 700 x 400 or so. And I use about 15-20% jpg compression ratio.