Anybody know why?

How is it possible that the AI's tanks can shoot smoke immediately when it takes my tanks a turn before the smoke is seen and effective? I mean it's ok if that's the way it is but I just mainly want to know if that's right or am I doing something wrong? It always makes me kind or mad, well not really mad but you know, unfair kind of when I'm just about to pop his tank and it hides behind smoke. Heck by the time I can shoot it smoke my tank already is smoking itself, if you know what I mean? Any body got any info? I'd appreciate it.

It is well known that the AI is a cheating gamey bastard ;)

Probably what you are seeing is the smoke mortar (Note its different from firing smoke shells from the main gun) - all vehicles equiped with a smoke mortar will fire it almost immediately when threatened including your vehicles, it is not controlled by the player. Vehicles without a smoke mortar can only rely on firing smoke from the main gun - which will take time to fire it and for the smoke to appear - by that time you are usually dead :(

I am sure that this is what you are seeing.

Regards

CDIC

I am sure dog is right. You do not have control of the smoke mortars. When you take control of the guns and fire smoke from them, then you get a command delay and a bursting delay. Even if the smoke was fired in panic from the main weapon, it would be without command delay. They did it and to hell with you.