Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Help! Hardware questions...

My lame P1 200 mhz just died. I could only play small and low point medium scenarios on it.

I just bought a Dell P3 866mhz with 128MB 133MHz SDRAM, and 32MB NVIDIA TNT2 M64 AGP Graphics card. How will the large scenarios with say a 5000-6000 point battle run on this machine with lots of hi res mods?

I expect it will be more than enough, should I be concerned?

Not trying to be nasty but you should have spent a little more to get at least a 32MB Geforce card of some kind. You will definately notice some chug on 5000 pt QB's. I have an identical machine at work and installed CM and all my mods for a speed test. My 600Mhz P3 w/ 64MB Geforce 2 GTS at home blows it away! Not only that, it looks much better, too.

Probably not what you want to hear. Just so you would know.

I just got that same configuration during the holidays. Heck from what I upgraded from it's a world of difference. I've played both small and med sized scenarios, and they run like silk...at least imho. I thought about upgrading to the GTS, but didn't want to spend the extra dough. Got the 19" Flat CRT monitor with the trinitron tube. Well worth it...

------------------

"Lack of weapons is no excuse for defeat"

- Lt. General Renya Mutaguchi, Commanding General, Japanese Fifteenth Army, 1944-1945

Wesy, thanks for the reply. You no doubt know what i was going through with the crappy 200 mhz.

I didnt get a monitor, will use my old 17" until it dies. Its ruff, i use a 21" at work all day.

I have been wanting to update to the hi res mods but havent been able to until the new pc arrives. Have you done so, and what are the results?