Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Simple CM Ladder Strategy.

This is a hint for those of you new to the ladder (aka "gamey-as-hell") system and do not want to have somebody place a "Total Loss" on your record.

Join a 1250 ME scenario, request it be played on a small rural map, buy anything you like or nothing, except include one 300mm Rocket Spotter.

During set-up, place all your troops on the edge of the map. During the first order phase, retreat everything off the map except the spotter. With your spotter, target an area close to the biggest flag.

Three minutes later, watch as you light up the map with an awesome display of fireworks.

After which, your opponent will usually say something like "Wow. What was that?" or "You crushed an entire company." Use this time to say/write, "Yeah, I got lucky. How about you give me the Tactical Victory and we can move on to another game?"

If your opponent wants to continue, you can try to bargain him down to a Minor Victory. Otherwise, tell him that all your troops have left the board and ask for a cease fire.

The cease-fire should be good for anywhere from a tactical loss to a minor victory, depending what is gathered around "ground zero" and how many victory flags are in the scenario.

If you are a moderate to bad player, think of Rockets as the great equalizer. Cheers.

p.s. BTW, this strategy will make you many enemies. Good luck.