Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Good CM-specific unit reference?

Anybody know a web site which lists all CM units, maybe gives pix and a brief run-down? (However I'll gladly accept a detailed run-down!) I ran a search, but "CM units reference" returns about a half-a-bajillion hits...

I've played wargames a long time, but I only dabbled in the history part, and I often either don't recognize the type of a unit at all, or as it's plonking rounds into my dudes I suddenly realize I don't know jack about it or it's capabilities.

Normally I'd just continue playing and learn as I go, but when it comes down to PBEM, the occasional heated discussion, and manual unit selection, this becomes fairly important.

Heh, I'd actually volunteer to do this myself except, well, I don't know the details, or I wouldn't be asking... ye olde catch 22...

I believe there is also a website called "Combat Missions" maintained by a member here. This site maintains very detailed look into a few of the CM units, something like 10 or 12 total. I really like it, since I like you have a pretty good idea of tactics and units but couldn't tell you the difference between a JPz IV and a JPz IV Lang biggrin.gif. The features each have a number of posts from this board, discussing pros and cons of the vehicles as well as different uses and applications for them. Just do a search for it, I'm sure you'll find it. Good luck,

------------------

KMHPaladin

KHarkins@voicenet.com

"We have the enemy surrounded. We are dug in and

have overwhelming numbers. But enemy airpower is

mauling us badly. We will have to withdraw."

-- Japanese infantry commander, SITREP, Burma