Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Truck 3d model suggestion for CM2.

Hi all!

I've been thinking a bit and come up with this:

One major change in the truck 3d model from CMBO could be to add roof and whole side and rear walls over the cargo bed.

Why?

1) To have an open flatbed truck, as the ones in CMBO, the roof texture and parts of the walls just has to be transparent.

2) If I want a canvas roof, no sweat! Just change the textures in use. No other changes needed within the game...

3) The same 3d model can be used for a whole set of other more or less interesting vehicles, that would only need some extra textures and stats. Some examples;

- Staff radio truck, with hardtop cabin in the rear. (Useful for battalion and regimental HQs.)

- Ambulance. (Just add red crosses to the radio truck. Easy to implement but of very limited use.)

- Field kitchen. (Never go to war on an empty stomach!)

Comments?

Olle

Well seeing as I'm still waiting on the full version of CM and have only got the demo (with no trucks) i can't really comment on this.

Although i think it is a great idea. It would add a bit of cosmetic spice to the game.

------------------

"We don't wanna to die for our country, we wanna make the other bastard die for his" - Patton.

And how could you forget these:

Toward the end of the war, with troop morale sinking...

beertrucks.jpeg

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.