Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

update on desert mod, DFDR

Thought I would drop you a line about the upcoming modder-gamer desert mod for CM, Desert Fox Desert Rats (DFDR).

The matter of how to get it out to anyone interested has been solved. Clubfoot and a friend are starting a dedicated website (which is not active yet) where you can get all of our changes, scenarios, etc. There will be a forum for any comments, complaints, suggestions, etc. I also want an upload section where you can post your mods and scenarios. The forum is something I seriously want since I think it isn't fair to others not interested in our ideas to suffer through such debates on the BTS forum. So I hope any comments and discussions will be kept off here at BTS.

To let you know I have spent nearly all of my free time over the last two weeks and weekends working up scenarios. I have covered battles from Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Lebanon, Crete, Greece, Italy, and Sicily. More are planned as I discover/dream them up.

I also have been thinking about what to do next and the obvious of early war has come up. I originally decided to keep it infantry only but a gamer from France has talked me into modding/using existing armor, not easy, into looking like early war designs.

Some interesting news a French wargaming magazine is doing an article on the mod. Will be a one page thing but that did my ego a world of good.

Well got to get back to work, bosses are funny that war. I will post more and the URL to the site when it is definite.

MikeT

Hi again Mike,

For public information I'm the French gamer/writer Mike spoke of...

I enticed him expanding the boundaries of its early war mods, but indeed it's damn difficult with only 44-45 equipment available in CM...

Perhaps we can have feedback on this here : what CM vehicles would you use for French Army 40 ?? Poll !

As for the mag it's VaeVictis that surely some of you know of (I hope ;) ) and the article will be published for April issue.