Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

world war 2 online

I know this isn't a CM topic per say but I thought I'd ask this here since most of us CM fans are big on WW2 and world war 2 online does seem to have alot of qualities that we would like in a WW2 game. First off, how many of you have played it and is it worth the hefty $50 retail price, not to mention it's $10/month subscription fee. I for one am not a fan of these MMORPG type games like WW2 online and Everquest. I think these games have great potential and are very revolutionary in their concept but I think that the limits of modem speeds along with the very buggy state of these games tend to ruin the overall result. I've been checking out the WW2 online web site and it's posting forums trying to get a feel of the game and what the players are saying about it. From the looks of it the game can hardly be considered even in a BETA stage and the bugs seem to be ruining the gameplay what with all the lag, poor FPS, and missing game features. The makers of this game seem to want to revolutionize the gaming world but the end result seems to be an unplayable game and a serious loss of revenue. I hope that companies will take the concepts of games like WW2 online and further their development rather than just piggyback them with low quality remakes and copies to pack their bank accounts. If any of you guys have the game or have at least played it I'd like to hear from ya'. This game seemed to have alot of potential but I don't think I'm going to get it after having seen so much frustration coming from the reviews and postings. For now I think I'll just play some more CM and stay patient until CM2 arrives later this fall.