DD lowresgrass buggy

I found out that the cmhq packet for low-res grass has incorrect filenames.

They should be 1550-1569, instead you get 1500-1519 ..

I ran into the problem while experimenting with gridded grass.. Decided I didn't like it and then decided to save some memory bandwith by using lo-res grass textures. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between lo-res and hi-res grass smile.gif

I damn near tossed my cookies when up came that golf-course green after a reinstall of mods tongue.gif

my grass isnt buggy...you just dont understand how the grass tiles work in cm....what you are trying to do is use the grass that is displayed on lower end graphics cards and slide them in to the hi res slots...you have to renumber them to do this....or shrink the current ones

------------------

MAKE IT SHORT AND SWEET THEN GET THE F#$K OUT

DD is correct B-man. Your _vid card_ decides whether to use the lower numbered or higher numbered BMP files. I think the break point is about 8 meg, but that may vary with scenario size.

You _can_ renumber and load low-res in the high-res slots, and this is the way some folks run low-res grass on slower machines with good vid cards. You still gain the speed benefit of the smaller BMPs if you "fool" your vid card this way.

The way I got around this with my Subdued Velvet grass mod was to provide my low-res set with BOTH sets of numberings (i.e. 2 complete sets are in the zip) so that no matter _what_ your vid card does, you still get low res grass biggrin.gif

BTW, as a related point, that distant background in the 3-D view is done with the low-res grass set, so you can alter it's color by loading a suitable low-res set, even if you use high-res grass.

- Old Dog

Old Dog's CM Central The CM Photo Gallery!

Okay, so it's a naming issue, not a technical one..

"low-res" and "hi-res" DD grass mods in fact provide together a high-res grass mod, but you need both of them or things will look odd. And there is no "low res" mod unless you make one yourself..

I actually had a much bigger performance boost by changing LOD bias from best quality to high quality in the Nvidia DX set-up. (TNT2 ultra with 32MB)

In any case, I like the DD look, it's just about as bleak as Finland in early winter!