Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

HELP! updated from 1.1 to 1.2 patch and

Updated from version 1.1 and put in patch 1.2

and now my explosion are different and I drop smoke rounds but can't see any smoke?

I tried to dowload new explosions that were in patch 1.1 but section with that site not working.

Can someone please email me the smoke bmp and new explosions bmps so I can try to reload them on.

I can't find the smoke files anywhere.

Yes Olle is correct. You have, or even just installing the patch may have, turned off the High Quality Smoke. You see the SHIFT-I toggles from "Off" to "Fast & Compatible" to "High Quality". If you had it on "High Quality" and accidently toggled it once to "Off". The setting of "High Quality" is necessary to see the fiery explosions. Then that is why you aren't seeing the smoke rounds or fiery explosions. Hit SHIFT-I twice and the graphics should come back. In fact with "High Quality" off you are seeing what the explosion looked like in the Beta Days and also in v1.0 of the Gold Demo. Charles added the Fiery Explosion part of the game with the v1.01 patch and v1.02 Demo.

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 03-20-2001).]

Guest Offwhite

A while back there was a thread about the explosions, where there was some talk about doing a mod to tone down the new flashes - did this ever happen? I'd like to play with high-quality smoke but without the bright explosions...

------------------

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep

Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap

- Rudyard Kipling, "Tommy"

Guest Offwhite

Bullethead's words regarding shellbursts from the link below:

I mean explosions on the ground, in the air, or for collapsing buildings. The amount of orange should be minimal if not totally gone and replaced by a very small amount of red. It should almost all be a cloud of dirt and smoke.

I have no reason to doubt that the man knows what he's talking about. But realistic or not, I would simply like to have the explosions in my game toned down - personal preference, like which AFV mod to use smile.gif

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/016844.html

Can't get the link right dammit; you get the idea though...

------------------

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep

Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap

- Rudyard Kipling, "Tommy"

[This message has been edited by Offwhite (edited 03-20-2001).]