Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

One small wish for CM2

And no, it's not graphic related...I just have one little request. I want a sound...just a small one when my TCP/IP opponent sends me a message. The print is so small, I miss probably half of the messages because I'm not looking at the corner...maybe I just have horrible peripheral vision, but I like to think it's just because I'm so intent on beating my victim errr...opponent...down.

------------------

It is nearly always better to be beaten and learn, rather than to win and take no new knowledge from that victory.

I thought there was a sound, but I may be wrong. CM 1.1 installed a new sound file with the upgrade, a burst of radio static. I always assumed that this was for IP games.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

I thought there was a sound, but I may be wrong. CM 1.1 installed a new sound file with the upgrade, a burst of radio static. I always assumed that this was for IP games.

Hmmm...if there is one, I've never heard it...lord, maybe I'm going deaf too. I knew I was getting old, but this is rediculous. =)

------------------

It is nearly always better to be beaten and learn, rather than to win and take no new knowledge from that victory.

For macs, you had to install a new resource file, Sound 11, in the resources folder. Therefore, I'm guessing that there's a .wav file that needs installing if your'e on a PC. It would have come with the 1.1 updater.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska