release date for CM2

Guest barrold713

Vagicil?

Are you sure? I am no doctor but I would re-read the label first. smile.gif

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

I'll take some Vagicil now and I'll be all right wink.gif

LOL! Yeah, I would guess there is nothing worse than having that "unfresh" feeling while rolling across the countryside in your M1 smile.gif

------------------

What a bunch of horsecrap. -Steve

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 03-04-2001).]

Originally posted by kump:

All previous computer WWII games, love playing Germans, mostly Eastern Front. Didn't care for Western Front.

After CM, I find myself completely facinated with the Western Front and with no "favorite" side to play. I want variety, so I like to play all sides and "learn the doctrine". Having to play with the "other side's toys" adds variety and keeps CM fresh. Besides, you should always play the single player scenarios with the recommended side. Much more challenging and exciting, regardless what "side" you play. If no recommended side, take the attacker, regardless "who they are".

I greatly look forward to CM2 and playing both the Germans and Russians. The Russian combat vehicles are really facinating and quite capable. Your cheating yourself by not thinking you would enjoy it because it has "boring human wave Russians and doctrine I don't like". And how did you come to that opinion? By playing CC? There you go. Wrong vehicle to base opinions on CM. I believe you and I will be greatly rewarded by suspending our personal bias and test driving on the Eastern Front.

I don't let politics and personal morals get in my way when playing a WWII tactical computer game. I would be cheating myself. I can view it as a computer game and I can experience the tactical challenge of playing "all sides". CM is THE best vehicle for doing just that. You should test drive all the forces, including Russian! Then give us your "CM educated" opinion. Only, we are going to have to wait for that Russian test drive.

I totally agree with Gary on this one. If you let politics and personal morals get in the way of "completely" enjoying a computer wargame, then you don't need to be playing them. Because the whole idea of playing a wargame is to try to change history. Whether it is winning as the Germans, or with the Japanese, or the Iraqis, or with Napoleonic France, or with the Confederacy, it in all good fun. The point of a wargame is to use your knowledge and skill against the enemy. It really doesn't matter which side you play. It's just like the thread started by a African American ealier about what his room-mate's friend said about him playing the Waffen SS. The room-mate's friend denounced him for playing the Waffen SS because he was black and out of all people to play the Waffen SS. What a load of crap that was. Actually, he should've played the Fallschrimjagers for they were better troops than the SS as just any Airborne unit is usually better than your standard land grunt. They have to jump out of perfectly good airplanes for chrissake!

And just to go back to the comment about that Cleavis only plays wargames that have Americans in them is a very sheltered thought. If you do that, then that severely limits the range of wargames for one to play. So I guess that would exclude any Napoleonic game.

Also again to base your opinion towards CM based upon what you learned from CC is just plain wrong. As one of those most repeated statements made by BTS concerning CM is that "you have to unlearn what you have learned from other wargames." I don't know if the main Battlefront.com site still boasts this message anymore or not. But it should. The point here being is that CC's physics were so screwed up that it wasn't even funny.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

I realize that you mean no offense, Commissar, but I've been hearing a lot of comments like this lately. Statements like this are nearly as ignorant as the comments that trigger them. Since I'm a product of the American education system, and I'm hardly a dummy, I attibute many of these misconceptions to other sources. As much as I hate to admit it, I blame Hollywood for many 'historical' myths out there today (at the risk of reopening THAT can of worms again! LOL!). Another problem is that many people, from all over the world, seem to lack the ability to think critically. It seems to me that many people accept anything they read as gospel - especially if it's on the internet. That goes for views on the intelligence of Americans as well as views on WWII history. wink.gif

I just wanted to point out that comments like you made can make you appear to be as misinformed as the people you are trying to mock. Since you're clearly an intelligent fellow, I'm sure that this is something you strive to avoid. If your comments were made entirely in jest (which I'm guessing they were), then I apologize. Guess I'm just getting a bit tired of the baseless anti-American comments that I've been hearing lately.

I'll take some Vagicil now and I'll be all right wink.gif

Mannheim,

Yes, my comment was mostly a joke smile.gif

However, since I am part of the education system in question, I have some personal experiences which left me stunned.

For example:

A few weeks back, in the beginning of the term, we got our American History textbooks, and the teach told us to "look through it, see if anything catches your eyes, and tell me about it". So we all call out a thing or two, he says a few words, bla-bla-bla.

I come upon a chapter on the Eastern front in the WW2 section, and point out their article on Stalingrad. My teacher's responce (I s@it you not here, folks):

"Well, we probably won't spend much time on Stalingrad, seeing as how Americans werent heavily involved in that particular battle."

People just couldn't understand why I was laughing like an idiot the remainder of the period. biggrin.gif

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

....OK OK!!! I already said that i understand these points, and i will be buying combat misssion 2, maybe the problem was that 90% of the missions in CC3 were set before all the good russian tank designs came out (T34/85, IS-2, and some of their heavy tank destroyers...and most of the soviet early war tanks had @#$% for crews, so i just became jaded against them, maybe CM2 will turn out better... , but i will give it a chance, as my knowledge of russian tanks and equipment is limited to books and CC3, so ok, lets just drop it now, we've made our point, and i rushed into a statement too fast, next time ill think before i complain.

Hehe... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read your teacher's comments, Commissar. I agree that there is some truth in your joke about the American education system, but having lived overseas, I can tell you that America is definitely not unique in certain shortcomings. I had a Brit argue with me over the # of states in the US. Not much of an argument, actually, since I was laughing too much to say anything.

Originally posted by Vanir:

LOL! Yeah, I would guess there is nothing worse than having that "unfresh" feeling while rolling across the countryside in your M1 smile.gif

Hehe...if they admit women to combat units like the Army has talked about, this will be of primary concern to the guys in the tank crews! Ummmm...yuck!