M4A1 (76)W Front Hull

Was the front hull on the subject tank cast?

Asking this question because 2" cast armor hit by 75mm rounds should have a 0.85 armor quality multiplier due to cast deficiency, even if no flaws. Does CM apply cast deficiency multipliers?

Armor quality modifiers are given. Above or below the armor stats, it'll say 85% quality. This is also true for the Panther, Jgdpz IV, and a couple other tanks.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

If its not listed, then its 100% I believe.

------------------

busboy

CO, 99th Dragons

A Warbirds Squadron

'We will heat you up'

"It is well that war is so terrible, else we would grow too fond of it."

-Robert E. Lee

Cast defiency seems not be modelled in CM.

I would also like to repeat an old question: Is Pershing's hull cast or rolled armor?

'AFV interiors'-site ( http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/ ) says this:

The welded cast and steel plate hull of the M26 was only moderately thicker than the Sherman, providing 4in (102mm) of sloped armor in place of the M4's 3.3in (85mm). The "Heavy" tank designation was more of a propaganda ploy by the Army and the name was officially changed to "Medium Tank" after the war in 1946.

So was it partly cast and partly rolled?

Ari

Thanks for armor type responses.

Question on Pershing hull is on the mark, Pershing hull front was cast, as was turret.

If a tank has cast and rolled armor but the primary area (hull front) is cast, tanks like Pershing and M4A1(76)W should get cast deficiency multipliers. 0.85 for M4A1(76)W (51mm armor against 75mm and 88mm hits), a little better for Pershing since it overmatches 75mm and 88mm hits.

However, it would seem that each armor area should get treated separately, since hull front may be cast but turret front/mantlet could be rolled. Did CM treat Pershing and M4A1(76)W hull front as cast or rolled, or is CM program based on 1 armor quality for an entire tank, which is why Panther gets 0.85 for all armor even if glacis was only consistently flawed area.

Maybe CM can't accept random quality choices so every Panther is flawed, and every 17 Pounder APDS shot meets penetration and accuracy bests, even though about half of Panthers and APDS shots might be up okay and the rest deficient.

M4A1(76)W front hull and turret front would be easy pickings for 50mm Pak at close range.