New guy question

I recently dl'd the demo for Combat Mission, having heard nothing but good things about it. In both the demo scenarios however, I lock up completely after the first move sequence.I really like the looks of the game and want to purchase the full version but I'd like to know (if possible)if this is something that was patched or it is a hardware problem on my end. My system specs are:

AMD K62 550

256 mb pc100 sdram

32 meg Elsa RevenatorIII

Windows ME

Ensoniq PCI 128 sound card

All drivers are up to date.

I would appreciate any help you guys can give me before I decide about purchasing the full game.

:confused:

Maybe you should ask in the technical forum - I fixed machine hangs by getting latest video and audio drivers and latest DirectX from microsoft.com. Also, have had problems with some sound mods when using an older audio card...

Hope it helps.

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: Letsbe Ave. ]

I don't know anything about that graphics card, but the system specs sound quite adequate.

What resolution are you running?

What do you mean it locks up "after the first move sequence"? While the movie is playing, or while you're plotting the next move?

The demo has been solid for almost everyone (the patched release version is even better), so there is a probably a simple explanation somewhere....