Future operatability of CM1 and CM2?

While this is way early to talk about, I was wondering if the CM team have in mind to allow us to not only fight on the Eastern front but also create battles that give us access to German, US, British, and Russian equipment. It would be cool as hell to make a quick battle between US and Soviet forces (Patton's dream come true). It would be interesting to see what a battle between a Sherman with a 75mm versus an IS-2 and its 122mm; American troops at Stalingrad;etc. I am presuming the CM team have been too busy with TCP/IP for CM1 and other bug fixes to really talk about CM2. Has there been any talk about the project at all??

After CM 2, 3, and 4 are released, BTS will probably go on to different things with the CM engine. Some suggestions that pop up frequently on this board are Korea, the Pacific war, the Golan, and hypothetical NATO/USSR warfare at various times. All of them would undoubtably be interesting, and I'm looking forward to all. However, I'd like to see CM 2 and 3 come out first.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Tovarish Commissar,

This has already been discussed in a few messeges, and I believe an answer was not given. Madmat closed down the thread and said that he would "propose" it to BTS or something of the sort, but he doesnt think they would take it.

Mainly since they want to stick to realism and all. Personally, this option would be a dream for me. Finally quench that American "we won the war" crap with a well-placed Katchusha barrage wink.gif

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"